The pandemic has disrupted our lives and created hindrance in maintaining physical health. Physical therapists are advising their patients to be creative while staying at home. They are using the internet to provide physical therapy and also providing tips to help patients remain physically active.
Many platforms are striving to provide physical therapy services to people that are isolated at home. There are dermatologists who recommend exercise even if you have dermal fillers. This ensure that you are having the added benefit of healthy skin. Physical therapists are using different video tutorials to explain how patients can carry out their physical therapy sessions and do home exercises.
Here are some recommendations. Please note that these are general recommendations and may vary depending on your specific situation. As part of our commitment to your health and safety, we strongly recommend approval from your physician before you begin any exercise program.
- Duration: 20-30 minutes
- Frequency: 3-5 days a week
- If you are not used to exercising, you may begin with short periods of exercises, followed by resting periods, and spread it throughout the day. Call us and we will help you plan this.
- Intensity: If working at a moderate level of intensity, and still able to carry on a conversation, you are working in a safe range.
- Type of exercise: aerobic, repetitive in nature exercise
- Examples: walking, gardening, dancing, or yoga
Include a 10-minute warm-up, then the activity, and a 10-minute cool-down. A cool-down or recovery period is important to minimize muscles soreness.
Any equipment at home can be used to start your fitness program. You can use a chair to do arm exercise or a bottle of water. A box for steps-ups and even a wall to do your sit and other wall exercises.